"Ideas" from the Left by Ned Lamont
- We need to provide parents and communities the support they need to assure that children start their school day ready to learn.
- That the war in Iraq has diverted far too many of our dollars, and too much of our attention, from our needs back home.
- Washington needs creative solutions to old problems.
- Government has a role in ensuring fundamental rights and equal opportunity for all Americans.
- Support the nomination and appointment of pro-choice judges.
This is a platform? A Lamont victory will provide a look at the whole of the left-wing base of the democratic Party. Anti-war, anti-security, isolationist. On the pro-choice issue Lamont believes even minors should have access to the morning after pill over the counter. Lamont is against teacher accountability and testing.
Studying Lamont's web site provides a good indication he is the standard bearer of liberal mantra and left-wing beliefs. This is what Lamont feels is necessary in dealing with Iran. "We should work diplomatically and aggressively to give them reasons why they don't need to build a bomb, to give them incentives. We have to engage in very aggressive diplomacy. I'd like to bring in allies when we can. I'd like to use carrots as well as sticks to see if we can change the nature of the debate."
Lamont is so out of touch he doesn't realize our "allies" have been negotiating with Iran to no avail and the war with Hezbollah is financed by Iran.
Martin Peretz, editor in chief of The New Republic, has this to say about Ned Lamont:
The Lamont ascendancy, if that is what it is, means nothing other than that the left is trying, and in places succeeding, to take back the Democratic Party. Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton and Maxine Waters have stumped for Mr. Lamont. As I say, we have been here before. Ned Lamont is Karl Rove's dream come true. If he, and others of his stripe, carry the day, the Democratic party will lose the future, and deservedly.
So here is to a Lamont victory today so we may have a Lieberman victory in the fall election. This will effectively highlight the Democrats for what they are, Left-Wing Nuts!