What Would A Democratic Congress Look Like?
- House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has promised that election of a Democratic House would insure a rollback of the current Bush tax cuts.
- Representative Charles Rangel (D-NY), would be chairman of the Ways and Means Committee. Mr. Rangel voted against the 2001 and 2003 Bush tax cuts and the bill that later extended the tax cuts until 2010. In September Mr. Rangel said that he "cannot think of one" Bush tax cut he would agree to renew."
- Social Security revamping and privatization would be dead on arrival. The Democratic National Committee's "6-Point Plan for 2006" puts it in writing.
- Democrats like to talk about energy independence yet they are on record as against any off shore drilling or drawing oil and gas from ANWAR.
- Democrats have promised to eliminate the $18 billion the oil companies now get in various business tax deductions, which will serve as an increase in taxes to these companies. Who do Democrats believe will endure the cost of this? It will show up at the gas pump most certainly.
- John Murtha wants our troops out of Iraq immediately and Charles Rangel wishes to quit funding our troops.
- Representative Henry Waxman (D-CA) would become the Government Reform Committee chairman, and believes domestic terrorist surveillance is illegal. Ninety percent of House Democrats opposed the terrorist surveillance program, and 80% voted against the recent terrorist interrogation legislation. Feel safer now?
- Representative John Conyers (D-MI), who would become chairman of the Judiciary Committee and has already said he would seek impeachment of President Bush.
- Nancy Pelosi has said she would like to put Rep. Alcee Hastings of Florida in charge of the House Intelligence Committee. As a federal judge, Hastings was impeached in the House by a 413-3 vote, and removed from the bench by the Senate for bribery, corruption, and perjury. Rep. Hastings would lead the oversight of America's anti-terrorism policies.
I blame Republicans for doing a horrible job when they had an opportunity to achieve great things. The candidates may get removed at the ballot box but Americans will suffer the consequences of their stupidity. Democrats in power will make our economy sputter and we will become less safe.
In addition, while consumer spending drops, unemployment will rise. These are the effects of tax and spend mentality, especially when groups of small business owners, who Liberals feel are rich and must pay up. Democrats will demand higher minimum wages, providing pay raises not authorized by employers. This too will cause a rise in unemployment.
While Democrats spend cash out of the Social Security pool, system bankruptcy will be ensure. Sure I see doom and gloom with a Liberal in charge. The 90's boom was everything about technology and entrepreneurs not the Clinton administration or their fiscal policy.
The current economy is about tax cuts, especially to business owners who reinvest, create jobs and insure people. Small business will suffer and the trickle down effect will ripple across the country. Haste makes waste, so be careful when voting. Going left may mean no turning back.