"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free....... ~Ronald Reagan~
Tuesday, February 28, 2006
CBS..Point Shaving Their Poll
- Total Republicans contacted: 272 unweighted and 289 weighted.
- Total Democrats contacted: 409 unweighted and 381 weighted.
- Total Independents contacted: 337 unweighted and 348 weighted.
A large majority of Republicans still approves of the President’s handling of terrorism, although their approval, like that of all adults, has dropped nine points in the last month, to 78% now. Most Democrats and Independents disapprove.
Well you don't say? Let's do our own analysis.
- 2,036 individuals were polled
- 38.8 % were Democrats
- 33.6% were Independents
- 27.6% were Republicans
Depending on how the questions were asked it seems the CBS "weighted" this poll to satisfy Bob Schiefer and his cohorts who wish to report bias news by "fixing" the numbers and placing their own spin on the results.
All In The Family....California Style
- The 1991 California personal income tax rate increase was projected to produce more than $2 billion in additional revenue from this source. The revenue did not materialize. Revenue from the personal income tax was virtually flat until the temporary tax increase expired. Then revenue from the personal income tax grew 80% in six years.
- A study by the National Bureau of Economic Research, analyzing 1993 federal tax increases on upper-income taxpayers, found a similar result. Two new brackets for those with incomes over $140,000 produced less than half the revenue anticipated in the static analysis.
- The Reiner Initiative, like Proposition 63 of 2004 (the tax on millionaires to fund mental health) is an unfriendly gesture to high-income Californians. Voters are being asked to target someone else to pay for social programs.
- Small businesses are the backbone of the California economy. Yet increasing top income tax rates would raise income tax liabilities for some small, profitable unincorporated businesses paying personal income taxes.
California continues to account for about one-sixth of the overall U.S. economy, and its competitive decline will inevitably hurt everyone. Hollywood's liberals will discover again that a state with fewer businesses creates fewer jobs and collects fewer taxes.
Also keep in mind, the Hollywood Left unequivocally supports Hillary Clinton. Combine the two and we have an epic economic disaster in the making.
Monday, February 27, 2006
Enron's Ken Lay Had A Great Fall
Loose Lips Sink Big Ships
Liberal Rhetoric on Iraq A Losing Proposition
Saturday, February 25, 2006
Moon Bat of The Week Award!
Thursday, February 23, 2006
Freiheit der Rede verlor in Deutschland
Translated: Freedom of speech lost in Germany. And so it must be, along with other forms of expression less we be further intimidated by Islam. xxx
Port of Call...Sinking Diplomacy and Free Markets
- Politicians are using the "race card". Sen. Patrick Leahy exclaimed, "Democratic and Republican lawmakers alike are rightly concerned about the Bush administration's decision to allow an Arab country with previous ties to terrorism to take over the operation of six U.S. shipping ports." If there are concerns please address them with hearings not on television for political points by single out a company for its geographics. The country of Dubai has an ownership interest in Dubai World Ports, which has business dealings around the world. It has yet to be said how running operations of U.S. ports effects homeland security. No facts are being presented to contest the vetting process that has been completed and received support from the Pentagon and Joint Chiefs of Staff.
- A fact being overlooked is many U.S. ports currently are operated by foreign entities. The port of Los Angeles has terminals run by companies from Taiwan, Denmark, Singapore and even China. Using the "Arab" issue is for political points while ignoring sound economic and security reasoning. An Arab business entity does not always equate with links to terrorism. By discussing the issue spontaneously diplomacy in the Middle East is being dismantled.
- Sending up the "security flag" as an issue only produces isolationism, skips free markets and telegraphs the message it's a bad bet to invest in America. Last year Chinese attempts to purchase oil giant Unocal were blocked while China began selling portions of its primary state-owned banks to American companies Goldman Sachs and Citigroup. Foreign companies will retaliate by making it more difficult and costly for U.S. companies to operate within their borders. This will hurt the American consumer directly in the pocket book.
- DP World agreed to accept mandatory security screening at port facilities in Dubai and to embrace tighter security practices along the "supply chain" operated by London-based Peninsular & Oriental Steam Navigation Co. U.S. officials also will have access to company records -- without subpoena -- and background information on DP World employees and managers working in the U.S. The assurances lock in requirements that had previously been only voluntary commitments on the part of DP World and P&O.
- Dubai has become a member of the coalition against terrorism by capturing assests of terrorist organizations and providing military assistance in Iraq. The same can't be said of France and Germany, so-called allies.
The real national security question is not who operates the ports, but how to ensure that they are safe and secure. This week the FBI has arrested alleged terrorists operationg in Toledo, Ohio far from the eastern seaboard. The 9/11 terrorists trained in the U.S. Other terrorists have gained citizenship while working on terrorist plots within our homeland. Only 5% of port containers are currently inspected. Addressing this problem has never gained much political steam but using race in politics is a grander scheme. Do we want free markets, capitalizatiion and security or isolating ourselves from the world?
Turning Blue.....Or Not?
Wednesday, February 22, 2006
Partial Birth or Late Term Abortion...A Play on Words
Tuesday, February 21, 2006
Don't Try This At Home
Buckeye Terror Plot...Holy War - Holy Toledo
Monster Pussy in China
A 33-pound cat in Qingdao, China, is being described as a "feline monster" because of its 31-inch waist and large size, according to a report. The 9-year-old cat from the Shandong Province is so heavy it needs the help of its owner to get onto a bed. However, the cat is in surprisingly good health despite its weight. The cat's owner said it has no interest in eating fish but prefers to eat six pounds of chicken and pork each day. Source: Internet Broadcasting Systems and Local6.com
Monday, February 20, 2006
bin Laden Speaks.....Who Cares?
Usama bin Laden promised never to be captured alive and declared the U.S. had resorted to the same "repressive" tactics used by Saddam Hussein, xxx "I have sworn to only live free. Even if I find bitter the taste of death, I don't want to die humiliated or deceived," bin Laden said. xxx "The jihad is continuing with strength, for Allah be all the credit, despite all the barbarity, the repressive steps taken by the American Army and its agents, to the extent that there is no longer any mentionable difference between this criminality and the criminality of Saddam," Bin Laden continued.
Sunday, February 19, 2006
Olympian Skips History Class
Saturday, February 18, 2006
Moon Bat of The Week Award!
Friday, February 17, 2006
Mr. Holland Shows Jaws at National Press Club
Senate Benefits Package for Arab Oil Sheiks
Thursday, February 16, 2006
Bryant Gumbel Wins Gold Medal for Racism!
Aaron Burr, Dick Cheney and Media Arrogance
Wednesday, February 15, 2006
Old Europe Seeks Hamas Ties
Monday, February 13, 2006
The New Hitler Speaks...Mahmoud Ahmadinejad Should Be Careful What He Wishes